Large high-contrast mouse cursors

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 15 14:44:02 GMT 2006

With the high-visibility boot option on the Live CD we should include a
large cursor theme (as well as the high contrast theme).

So I've tried the 'big-cursor' package, which doesn't seem to do
anything (no new cursors appear in Mouse Preferences -> Pointers (it
installs a cursor font -- is this an outdated method that doesn't change
the cursors in gnome?)

'xcursor-themes' results in very many choices (too many really) of red
and white cursors. Trouble is that these are quite transparent, which
while it is a cool effect, is probably not ideal for those who need high
contrast.

Looks like these might be more suitable:
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=20568

Can we package these for dapper?

- Henrik