Issue : wireless networking "on-the-fly"

Vincent Untz vuntz at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 15 08:00:40 GMT 2006

On Tue, February 14, 2006 21:14, Sebastien Estienne wrote:
> Wouldn't it be possible to add static ip support in network-manager
> and get ride of network-admin.
>
> Or maybe just remove the wifi part of network-admin, and add a way to
> access network-admin from nm-applet?

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2006-February/msg00008.html

So basically, right now, NetworkManager developers seem to recommend using
the system config tools to configure static IP. Adding an option to configure
the network from the nm-applet menu probably makes sense, then.

I don't know why we would need to remove the wifi part of network-admin,
though...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.