[ubuntu-art] Example Content

Matthew Nuzum mattnuzum at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:00:19 GMT 2006

On 2/9/06, Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Suggestions and contributions on the OpenOffice files especially is
> still very welcome. Like: can anyone think of some interesting numerical
> material (!?) that can be used in a spreadsheet and yield nice plots?
> (if not, we end up with my astrophysics data ...)
>
> - Henrik

I'd like to help with this but am at a little shortage of time. I'm hoping
this weekend will yield a few spare minutes, but don't count on it yet.

As far as numerical data is concerned, I was thinking of doing something
like this along with a related presentation:

Plot data showing linux adoption trends over the last few years. At first I
thought it would be interesting to show some data from distrowatch that
demonstrated the rising popularity of Ubuntu as compared to other linux
distros, but i feel that would present a poor image to new Linux users
(since it seems to show competition amongst the linux community).

The related presentation that I was envisioning would be a "PR" feeling
document that would explain why people like Linux so much, some of the great
things that make Linux unique and then show adoption trends with a graph
from the spreadsheet.

There could be a writer document that is a "welcome to your Linux desktop"
letter to accompany this information.

I hope to have some time to work on this over the weekend. I'll see if I can
get it done Friday night (GMT -5), but I'm also working on a 6,000 word
article which I hope to get paid for.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org