Not quite awake after suspend

Dmitri Hrapof hrapof at common-lisp.ru
Thu Dec 7 08:12:51 GMT 2006

Hello!

First of all, I'd like to say Ubuntu Desktop is a great thing.
Not quite sure whether it's a proper list to complain to, but still...
I run Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft on PPC Imac.
Suspend works fine, but sometimes after resume it's not possible
to start programs from GNOME menus or panel or from terminal.
They start starting and then dissapear. If I'm lucky enough to have
terminal or Process Manager running at that moment, I can see started programs
in process list, waiting for something. Sometimes they get what they want and
show up, but more often then not I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.
With fresh X session everything is good again.
Is it expected behaviour and what may be the reason?

Thank you very much,
Dmitri