Feedback from What New Users Want BoF at ubucon

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 19 08:39:31 BST 2006

hi,
On Fr, 2006-08-18 at 16:52 -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
> The other issue was that of the LiveCd. Once you get into the desktop,
> it is not apparently clear that you are running a LiveCD. Thus I
> propose we put a notification bubble (this was mdz's idea) up a live
> desktop to tell people.
how would that work ? popping it up in intervals (annoying) ? or just
showing it on login (only the person who booted will see the bubble) ?
i'd propose an artwork driven way and make it visible via the wallpaper,
unless you actively change that it will be always seen on a livecd and
its more persistent. i trust our artteam that they would be able to do
it in an elegant and unobtrusively way.

ciao
	oli