Logout dialog : strings

Sebastian Heinlein liste at pimpzkru.de
Mon Apr 17 13:34:26 BST 2006

Am Montag, den 17.04.2006, 12:40 +0200 schrieb Manu Cornet:
> Hi !
>
> Thanks guys for your suggestions. I have made a mix, along with some new
> wordings, tell me what you think. Here's what I have now :
>
> * Log out : Close your session and return to the login screen.
>
> * Switch : Leave your session open and password protected, but let other
> users log in as well.

Switch: Put your session to the background and return to the login
screen

> * Lock : Launch the screensaver and password protect your session. Other
> users cannot log in from this locked screen.

Lock: Start the screensaver and protect your session with a password

> * Sleep : Power-saving mode. You can wake up the computer by pressing
> any key.

Sleep: In this power saving mode your computer still consumes power.
Your applications and open documents will be restored if the computer
awakes again

> * Hibernate : While hibernating, your computer won't need any power.
> When started again, all open applications will be restored.

Hibernate: During hibernation your computer doesn't consume any power.
Your applications and open documents will be restored if the computer
awakes again

> * Restart : Restart the computer.
>
> * Shut down : Completely turn off the computer.

It is common to skip the final dot in tooltips. I would also suggest this here.

By the way have you seen the different suspend/hibernate icons of
gnome-power-manager? It would be nice to have consistent icons.

Thanks for your work,

Sebastian