Expanding logout dialogue

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 11:54:25 BST 2006

On 4/5/06, Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Matthew East wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 11:24 +0100, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> >> I'm with Matt and Vincent who think that there are simply too many
> >> options on the logout dialogue, so I though I would try making an
> >> expanding one where you hide some of the less common options.
> >>
> >> Mock-up: http://people.ubuntu.com/~henrik/images/collapsing-logout.png
> >
> > Very nice idea, well done for removing Lock Screen. All in all, awesome.
>
> Thanks. I also forgot to mention that the expansion should remember its
> state so that if you expand it and then shut down, log out or whatever,
> it will appear in the expanded state next time. That way if people
> regularly use sleep or hibernate they can have those options visible by
> default if they want to.

Displaying the 3 most used action wouldn't make sense? and stoing the
less used in the "more options" area.

I propose this because on a laptop you'll prefer to use sleep/hibernate.

Also logout and switch user may be quite useless for single user
usecase: logout because why would log out, when you can just lock
screen, and switch-user because you are the only user

On a related note, why would we display "switch user" if we know that
there is only 1 user exisiting on the system?

So maybe this dialog should be different or adapt itself to use case

>   - Henrik
>
> --
> http://www.ubuntu.com
> http://www.theopencd.org