[ubuntu-art] Re: (Yet another) new logout dialog

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Tue Apr 4 21:43:07 BST 2006

Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> IMO it would be best to only show one of these options to the average
> user. (It would be useful to have some real-world data on which of
> these people use most often -- sleep I guess -- and how many people
> regularly use both options.
Except there's a darn good reason why on some occasions you want one
option, and on others, you want the other.

A better use of our time would be figuring out how to disable options
that don't work on specific hardware! Perhaps some sort of "oops I
failed to hibernate" tracking could be used to hint the system that it
really, really does not want to offer the hibernate option any more.
This needs to be robust in the face of minor errors.

Mark