Love tasks for desktop lovers

Vincent Untz vuntz at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 29 09:53:34 GMT 2005

Le mercredi 28 décembre 2005 à 16:15 +0100, Alain Perry a écrit :
> Ok, so to please everybody, I modified the patch to take into account
> the environment variable.
> I also added some code to make it work under win32 (though I could not
> test it) so that upstream can take it if they want.
> Here it is attached.

Thanks for the patch!

I don't know if it's okay to do patch review on the list, but I'll do it
for now. Flame me if it's not okay ;-)

 * I think you should also use the environment variable in
   shortcuts_append_documents()

 * I don't remember where Documents is placed in the Places menu of the
   panel, but I think it should be at the same place. If it's the first
   item, then great. Else, you'll need to change the position in your
   patch.

 * "const gchar* envvar;" => const gchar *envvar;

Overall, the patch looks okay.

A next step would be to patch gnome-panel to make it use the environment
variable too (note that the Documents item is added by an Ubuntu patch),
and also to patch nautilus to have this Documents item where needed (in
the shortcuts sidebar, eg).

Thanks,

Vincent

--