A new logout dialog (v2)

Manu Cornet Manu.Cornet at GMail.com
Sat Dec 10 00:44:52 GMT 2005

Hello !

I have worked a little more on this logout dialog. New icons are here :

	http://www.manucornet.net/GNOME/logout_dialog/

and the diff is here :

	http://www.manucornet.net/GNOME/code/logout_dialog/

* After discussing this issue on #ubuntu-desktop today, we decided to
keep the combined, all-in-one dialog, at least for the moment. It will
come forward when the top right icon is clicked. The number of buttons
is, indeed, quite high, but the dialog has been simplified (see below),
and it will stay like this a little more.

* I have added a "Switch User button" (it does nothing for the moment,
as I don't know what to do else than a dirty
" system ('gdmflexiserver'); ".

* I have rearranged the buttons a little :

	Reboot		Log Out		Switch User
	Shut Down	Sleep		Hibernate

I might invert the first and second line in the next spin (thoughts ?).

* I have cleared everything else out of the way, except the Cancel
button. No more "Save" checkbox (global setting instead), no more title
or "info" icon, nor Help button (everything is explained in the
tooltips, the text of which are on the webpage, comments welcome).

* I still didn't figure out how to take a screenshot of this, and didn't
have the time to take a real picture, sorry. But you saw the main idea
in the first version.

* I have slightly modified the Shut Down icon. Maybe the hibernate icon
should change a bit as well (I'd like to keep its color, though). Any
thoughts ?

* There's a small app called "logout-test" inside the gnome-session
source, but I can only test the dialog's appearance with it, not the
real stuff after clicking on buttons (doesn't do anything). "make
install" didn't replace my "old" session dialog by the new one either
(even after logging out and relaunching X). Anybody can give me some
guidance on how to really test this ?

Thanks for reading !

Cheers,
Manu