making the panel launcher opening the preferred apps by default?

Vincent Untz vincent at vuntz.net
Sat Dec 3 08:07:13 GMT 2005

Hi Jeff,

Le vendredi 02 décembre 2005 à 13:17 -0800, Jeff Waugh a écrit :
> <quote who="Sebastien Bacher">
>
> > We got a feature request about making the launcher using the preferred app
> > setting:
>
> > Do you think that's a good idea. Do we want to keep it consistent between
> > upgrades/new installations? Any opinion on how to do these changes ?
>
> No, I don't think it's a good idea until it has upstream / freedesktop.org
> buy-in. Plus, it's confusing to have launchers doing different things. We
> recommend firefox for the browser, that's what the launcher should run. At
> least for now. :-)

I disagree with your last point: the launcher is there to launch the web
browser, not Firefox. If the user prefers to use another browser, then
it makes sense to have the launcher launch the other browser.

However the point about icons (in another mail) is interesting. I'm
pretty sure we could find a good solution to this.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.