making the panel launcher opening the preferred apps by default?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 2 21:17:15 GMT 2005

<quote who="Sebastien Bacher">

> We got a feature request about making the launcher using the preferred app
> setting:

> Do you think that's a good idea. Do we want to keep it consistent between
> upgrades/new installations? Any opinion on how to do these changes ?

No, I don't think it's a good idea until it has upstream / freedesktop.org
buy-in. Plus, it's confusing to have launchers doing different things. We
recommend firefox for the browser, that's what the launcher should run. At
least for now. :-)

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu USA & Europe Tour: Oct-Nov 2005            http://wiki.ubuntu.com/3BT

    "You know, it's not that unusual, even in Hollywood, for brothers to
         work together. Heard of the Warner brothers?" - Ethan Coen