[dct] Good communication with upstream is good idea

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Mon Jul 21 15:00:50 BST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:12:54PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> ma, 2008-07-21 kello 09:26 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli kirjoitti:
> > On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 01:43:13PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > You can close Launchpad bugs in Ubuntu packages from Debian.  The "LP: ######"
> > > syntax lets bugs get autoclosed when your package is synced to Debian, or
> > > when it's merged by an Ubuntu developer.
> >
> > Very interesting, is it documented somewhere already? (for Debian
> > purposes) I've looked in the wiki but I haven't found an obvious place
> > where such an information should be put ...
>
> The Developer's Reference could perhaps do with a short section on how
> to deal with downstream distros, and this could be added to it?

Even though I personally won't be, I guess there will be people against
about adding something Ubuntu-specific to the Debian Developer's
Reference, but I will be happy to be proven wrong. Still, this is the
reason while I looked first for a wiki page on wiki.d.o, not founding
it.

Still, I've just recalled the Ubuntu "Debian Collaboration Team"
initiative, which has a wiki page http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DCT, apparently
dormant at still at a planning stage. Cc-ing the corresponding mailing
list, with the proposal of creating a page on wiki.d.o to collect
information about how to interact with Ubuntu tools such as Launchpad.
Creating it just to add the Vorlon bit would be pointless, but maybe the
DCT team has accumulated other info which would be worth storing there

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the