[dct] Getting the Debian Collaboration Team started again

Martin Albisetti beuno at ubuntu.com
Sun May 13 21:22:58 BST 2007

This email might come as a surprise to all of you subscribed to the
DCT mailing list since it hasn't had any activity for more then 6
months.
I've emailed Lucas Nussbaum about getting the team back on track, and
I've been working the past week to gather all the information
available about the discussions and progress already made.

I'm very interested in getting this actually moving, not matter how
slow, as long as there is a roadmap and interest in getting a much
better collaboration cycle going between Debian and Ubuntu.

So far I've been working with Marcela Tiznado, a Debian Developer,
each of us gathering information on how processes work on both sides,
and looking for non-obtrusive ways to feed information to the other
side (taking into account previous attempts).
I believe we have made some real progress, and are slowly adding it to
the wiki page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DCT/Proposal).

We still have a few more days work until we can show some clear ideas
on *what* to actually do, but one of my main concerns right now is
dividing it into small, easy tasks to be able to have a larger pool of
volunteers to pick from.

This email is basically to find out who is still interested in helping
out, and who can shed some light on what has been done and what hasn't
(I'd love to know how much was followed up after last year's DebConf:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/06/msg00278.html)

Marcela and myself will both be attending DebConf7 this year, so we
have faith in being able to get things together by then and take
advantage of so many key people being in the same place.

Cheers,

Martin