[dct] Getting back on track

Raphael Hertzog raphael at ouaza.com
Tue Jun 12 07:32:21 BST 2007

Hi,

Le lundi 11 juin 2007, Martin Albisetti a écrit :
> == FAQ on Ubuntu specifically targeted at Debian Developers ==
> I feel that if this information we more available in a targeted way, a
> lot of miss-conceptions would be avoided.

This has already been done:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuForDebianDevelopers

Feel free to improve it if you want.

> == Repackage for Debian ==
> Ubuntu has many packages that are fairly simple to repackage for
> Debian. This would benefit Ubuntu by having the packages directly
> Upstream and being much more in sync with Debian, and would benefit
> Debian as it's a lower barrier of entry for maintainers to start
> learning since the package has already been worked on.
> It's fairly simple to find what can be packaged by looking at:
> http://people.debian.org/~bartm/borg/missing.html

Not everything that's packaged is necessarily suitable for Debian. The
condition is always to have a good maintainer.

> I'm at debconf at the moment, so I'll be focusing the next weeks
> mainly on this project and working on my packaging skills.

Cool!

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com

Freexian : des développeurs Debian au service des entreprises
http://www.freexian.com