Ubuntu-cy reacts to laptop funding pre-installed with Vista for high school students

Theodotos Andreou theo at ubuntucy.org
Sun Jan 11 21:52:33 GMT 2009

The excuse that Linux is different (or harder) is void considedring the
differences between XP and Vista or worse the differences between Office
2003 and Office 2007. In some schools I know of, the ministry send them
new PCs with Office 2007  which they do not know how to use. To solve
their problem they installed OpenOffice which its GUI is closer to
Office 2003 than office 2007! The PCs also use an  English version  of
Windows which is harder for the kids since the first and second year
kids in elementary are not taught english. With Linux you can have
install any language you wish and you can choose this language on the
fly or before login.

>>> http://ctrl-alt-backspace.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-post_13.html