Ubuntu-cy reacts to laptop funding pre-installed with Vista for high school students

Theodotos Andreou theo at ubuntucy.org
Sun Jan 11 21:42:51 GMT 2009

Savva I also considered the court solution but we may face some
difficulties:

1) The  law regarding tenders for the public says that it is forbidden
for a tender to ¨photograph¨ a certain program UNLESS it is imposed by
the technical know how. The window for exception is there and they will
of course claim that this is the software the teachers are using.

2) We are not an official organisation yet.  We need to push things
forward to that direction.

3) We do not have the funds too go to court unless anyone of us happens
to know a lawyer that embraces the Free Software ideals.

I am not against the idea of going to court but first we should educate
about FOSS. We are trying to persuade them to give them a seminar
regarding the educational perspective of Linux. This effort will fail if
we go to court.