Ubuntu-cy reacts to laptop funding pre-installed with Vista for high school students

Mario Spinthiras spinthiras.mario at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 16:07:03 GMT 2009

why should students need a choice? The MOE should be responsible of
making a responsible choice for students.

Next off people should forget about the mac choice as they are out of
the scope of a "standard" computer user.

You also have to examine the reasoning behind a windows environment.
the fact that teachers no nothing about linux and the way teachers
feel their learning days for new material is over makes things even
more difficult. Personally I feel the Cyprus government is doing it
for the easy reasons. It will also cost them a lot of money to train
everyone to use linux - and time.

Its a shame we wont be seeing linux in schools any time soon.

Regards,
mario