3rd Ubuntu/Fedora Release Party

Savvas Radevic vicedar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 22:12:51 BST 2009

> It would have been nice to have waited for more overseas studying users to
> return to the motherland to have the release party but it seems as though my
> calling was not heard in previous emails.

Don't get me wrong, but the whole idea is to keep the date of the
party as near as possible to the release date. You also have to take
into consideration the fact that students (and subsequently
professors) usually have exams from May until July.

With my university schedule, I won't ever probably be able to catch
one of the official release parties. :)
Hence, I look at it this way: maybe I won't be able to make it, but 5
others might take my place that have an easier (land) access to the
party.

And it's not a "release party" per se, it's more of an informative
celebration of a new release, educating people how to use it and why
etc. The real party is the "after-party" as it is tagged right now -
that's what I expect to become the main event (for release parties) in
about 4-5 years from now.

Finally, we may have missed some events and presentations, but we can
never miss a piece of the action! The current "fronts" are:
- spread FLOSS
- talk about it
- present it
- help someone to use it
- code using it
- contribute to make it better (programming, bug reporting, translations etc.)