Ubuntu-cy - Some more suggestions

Theodotos Andreou theo at ubuntucy.org
Fri May 23 21:49:25 BST 2008

I still prefer anarchy but don't worry about me. I'm un-organised by
nature :) We will need some representatives though. Sooner or later in
case we need to explain to the public who we are, what we do and why
this is important. But its too soon now for a discussion like this.

Regarding Departments and stuff that sounds too structured, similar to
the cathedral model. If depertments means that people should stick to
their jobs and not interfere with the work of others, then it will only
work up to a point. I think a bazaar model is a more viable solution and
fits perfect to the Cypriot mentality. (See Hani tou Pantziarou :D )

What we should focus now is:
1) A Blog.
    Grigoris is preparing one. We could feed it with relevant content
from our personal blogs and articles prepared by contributors. We could
register it on planet ubuntu if it is successful.
2) A FOSS project.
   Preferably something that has not been done already and this could
attract the interest of skillful developers. If successful it  will
give  the Cyprus team some prestige and acceptance on Ubuntu.
3) November Release party
  Start preparing for the event on November. It shouldn't be simply a
party but a more well prepared event will lectures and workshops that
will attract both newbies and more experienced users.
4) Contributions on launchpad
   This is important to get more respect and acceptance in Ubuntu and
help us become official Loco team.