New server is up!

Savvas vicedar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 20:56:41 GMT 2008

> 2) We need to setup a page regarding ECDL as we have promised to the CCS
> people.

What do you mean?
An HTML explaining the problem with ECDL and the use of Microsoft
closed-source applications?

> 4) We need to setup a blog. Those of you that maintain their own blogs
> they can have their blogs aggregated on the ubuntucy blog. Those that do
> not have a blog we can create author accounts. Personnal posts will also
> be allowed the same way they are allowed on planet.ubuntu.com and
> planet.debian.org. The only restriction is to try to stick to the Ubuntu
> Code of Contact.
I believe they can make tags of their postings - If their blog is a
personal+everything blog, I think they can use applications to get
appropriate tags and feeds for those tags only.

For example, my blog is on several planets, related and non-related to
technology news, so I base my posts on tags - The blog is hosted on
www.blogger.com - http://blog.radevic.com
For the tag "linux" I use feedburner:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/medigeek/linux
http://medigeek.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/linux

> 5) We need to setup a wiki to host guides and howtos on.
Let me know when you decide to set it up and I'll transfer the
necessary stuff. :)
Please please please use moin-moin, it's based on python and has super
control potentials: http://moinmo.in/

> 6) We need to setup a webmail with calendar application and task manager
> etc. May I suggest egroupware?

I vote for google sites: http://www.google.com/sites/help/intl/en/overview.html
It takes about 5 minutes to point the DNS to the google and an account
to control it.
You can add email of 5-6 gb, html pages, documents and google talk for
real-time chat.
I think the problem is that the free version of it has several limitations:
http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/editions.html

In the case they limit the user accounts in the free edition of google
sites, then I support egroupware as well, as it looks like an
application with strong capabilities.