New server is up!

Theodotos Andreou theo at ubuntucy.org
Tue Dec 23 14:07:23 GMT 2008

We have been talking about this for too long but now it happened! Her
name is lina and she will be hosting our website, forum and whatever
other services we need. Our new server is ready!

Things to be done from now on:

1) We need the have the website in English and Greek as well.

2) We need to setup a page regarding ECDL as we have promised to the CCS
people.

3) We need to setup email accounts for all active members. Contact me to
create your account and password.
     Regarding email please keep in mind the following:
     i) There is no guaranty about privacy so please try to use it only
for the purposes of the community.
     ii) Do not use, in any circumstances, your mail account to send
spam, pr0n or for illegal activities.

4) We need to setup a blog. Those of you that maintain their own blogs
they can have their blogs aggregated on the ubuntucy blog. Those that do
not have a blog we can create author accounts. Personnal posts will also
be allowed the same way they are allowed on planet.ubuntu.com and
planet.debian.org. The only restriction is to try to stick to the Ubuntu
Code of Contact.

5) We need to setup a wiki to host guides and howtos on.

6) We need to setup a webmail with calendar application and task manager
etc. May I suggest egroupware?

The current sysadmins are:

Theodotos Andreou (aka theo)
Grigoris Chrysanthou (aka charizan)

In case we need more help we can ask skillful volunteers to help. We are
also going to need some help with the maintenance and improvement of our
website.

Lina costs $29 per month and her contract is yearly. We have used 6
months already because of personal obligations and lazyness :) The
current contract is expected to finish somewhere in summer. Paid
contributors can host up to two personal websites under the condition
that they expect no guaranties about the availability of the hosted
websites.

I hope you enjoy the services provided by Lina expect your contributions
to the effort