Re: Wiki vandalism and performance 🖋

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 19 05:26:19 UTC 2016

The solution is a hardened version of mediawiki. Mozilla had a great repo
to clone with tools ready to defend attacks

https://github.com/mozilla/wiki.mozilla.org

You have a verified user group (Mozilla's equivalent of Ubuntu Members) who
are trusted and then a public group which has limited permissions.

MoinMoin is rather behind in its capability to not only scale for large
projects but so defend against attacks.

If Ubuntu is ever looking for someone to hire to migrate to Mediawiki at
scale and defend against attacks I'd suggest Christie Koehler who ran
Mozilla's wiki for years.

Ubuntu should get away from MoinMoin as soon as it can and burn it down :)
no big projects use it for good reason