Request for Ubuntu Doc Leadership

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 4 21:42:40 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-04 10:46, Chris Perry wrote:
> Apparently it is possible for ordinary launchpad users to edit the
> community help wiki. They have to join the Etherpad group.

Is that sufficient currently?

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-community-team/2016-May/001232.html

There is a pretty long list of "proposed members", btw.
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-etherpad/+members

> My suggestion: If it's straightforward to restore the community help
> wiki from a backup (in case spammers attack again) then can we
> simply ask Canonical IS to unlock the community help wiki and see
> what happens (this was one of Lyz's suggestions)?

Not sure what I think. Depends on the nature of the sabotage and how
often backups are taken, among other things.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj