Libre graphics could become the standard if we push right now

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:16:20 UTC 2016

Zlatan Todoric:
 > Now you are defending them why they have closed source things that we
 > need if we want to properly use their hardware?

What I am saying is microcode is more on the hardware side.

Moreover what I am interested in is to set a tendency, rather than on
things to change overnight.

Zlatan Todoric:
 > I don't get the last sentence but ok.

Firmware is a common concern because it can be overwritten by malware,
have malicious functionalities, or have back-doors.

That has never been the case with microcode. It just declares the
instruction set, but is not an executable.