Community team weeks 7-8 update
david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 26 18:23:29 UTC 2016
It's been a while since we sent the latest update, so here are the
highlights of what the Canonical Community team with the help from some
other folks have been working on the last two weeks.
## Week 7+8
* UOS organisation. Tracks have been solidified and track leads have
been lined up. If you are wanting to propose a session , go for it!
* Google Summer of Code application completed and submitted. If you are
interested in mentoring a project, it’s not too late to propose one !
* Last weeks of the Scope Showdown, deadline on Feb 29th
* UbuCon.org website recovered after cloud outage
* Fairphone 2 port now boots into Unity 8
* Landed code  to automatically generate a reference of snapcraft.
* Snappy representation at Embedded world. Also some time spent ‘Ubuntu
Spotting’ - http://imgur.com/a/FTeOX
* Discuss plans for a gamified introduction to snappy & snapcraft. Put
together work items for a content review and fixes in the developer site
* Started work on the Snappy gamification main template
* MWC shout-out on the frontpage
* Refinements to the Apps and Scopes landing pages
* Draft for reorganization of scopes dev resources
* Add inherit plugin to dev site (MP ).
* Add option to avoid advertising imported markdown articles (MP ).
* Use non-deployed code to prepare manual update of snappy and snapcraft
docs. Find a number of small bugs (rewriting of links, filtering of certain
HTML tags), fixed some tests (MP which bundles changes  to land after
* New PageHeader tutorial  post
* Jouni Helminen from the Canonical design team posted a blog titled
Designing For Convergence  giving an update on some of the core apps
design work which has been going on recently. He also put a call out for
new developers wishing to work on Calendar redesign. We’ve already one sign
up to help, more always welcome.
* Music app developers Andrew & Victor worked with Michał Karnicki and
Michael Sheldon to deliver a prototype build of their app for MWC,
demonstrating (Spotify) streaming as a new feature. In tandem they worked
on a converged build of Music to demo on tablets at MWC. We’re going to
move forward with both of these branches shortly to integrate them (and
their dependencies) into the daily builds.
* Clock developers Michal and Bartosz have been working with Nekhelesh
on implementing the new UI refresh and some bug fixes for the app which is
nearly ready for passing to QA. We’ll likely hand that over next week
before uploading to the store.
* More click reviewer tools MP reviews.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-community-team