Moving the Ubuntu Wiki to Mediawiki or something else?

Brian Byrne brianlinuxing at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 15:38:00 UTC 2016

Forgive me if I have missed something, but this issue seems fairly
straightforward.

Firstly, any such project must drop subjectivity and endeavour to be as
objective as possible.

Secondly, it wants to follow something along the lines of :

1. Survey the existing Wiki, listing its advantages and disadvantages,
objectively.

2. Conduct an investigation of alternative Wikis, similarly listing their
benefits and disadvantages.

3. Next draw up a shortlist of possible choices. For each choice, sketch
out a varied list of requirements (what is needed to get it going) and a
potential migration plan, as a draft.

4. By doing that it would be possible to gauge the scale of the issue and
how, if so desired, a migration might be conducted.

5. Afterwards a pilot project might be started to migrate a percentage of
the existing Wiki over to the alternatives, as an experiment. Once these
have been set up then performance testing could be implemented and
comparisons made.

6. Once some performance metrics have been derived and a report covering
the issue has been written, then an informed discussion could be held.

Brian.