Moving the Ubuntu Wiki to Mediawiki or something else?

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Thu Feb 18 15:41:12 UTC 2016

On 17/02/2016 20:58, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Pasi Lallinaho:
>> What hasn't been brought up in the email thread yet is the potential
>> work that needs to be done on themes if we decide to change the platform.
>
> I can help on that if you want.
>
> I'm experienced in that kind of design. In fact several things in Ubuntu
> seem to be inspired in my designs. I would love doing that.

Hi,

I occasionally have to upgrade Gentoo systems and the wiki, which is
based off media wiki, looks really nice. I suppose you could use this as
a basis for evaluation: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Main_Page

There are also some scripts available to migrate content from MoinMoin
to MediaWiki: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MoinMoin

--
All the best,

Bruce