Spam is happening again

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 17 20:05:57 UTC 2016

Canonical IS found out about the wiki.ubuntu.com spam problems
yesterday afternoon US Pacific time, but we don't have a good
communication mechanism for updating everyone who needs to know.

The channel topic in #canonical-sysadmin is updated to reflect the
problem, and continues into today:

15:18 -!- blahdeblah changed the topic of #canonical-sysadmin to:
Vanguard: blahdeblah || Known issues: wiki read-only for spam cleanup
|| Although we idle here, please mail requests to rt at ubuntu.com ||
http: //status.admin.canonical.com
23:41 -!- Spads changed the topic of #canonical-sysadmin to: Vanguard:
Spads || Known issues: wiki read-only for spam cleanup || Although we
idle here, please mail requests to rt at ubuntu.com || http:
//status.admin.canonical.com
08:05 -!- neale changed the topic of #canonical-sysadmin to: Vanguard:
neale || Known issues: wiki read-only for spam cleanup || Although we
idle here, please mail requests to rt at ubuntu.com || http:
//status.admin.canonical.com

Over in #ubuntu-irc one of folks from IS left a message as well:

16:05 < blahdeblah> Hi all.  We've had another spam flood on the main
wiki and I've set it to read-only for a while.  Is there someone
around who can update #ubuntu topic (and any other relevant channels)
with this info?

Ongoing issue aside, finding a better way for them to communicate this
to the community would be good :)