Moving the Ubuntu Wiki to Mediawiki or something else?

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Tue Feb 16 19:40:24 UTC 2016

Hey Everyone,

While we are focused on the performance issues here I think we should also
consider the user interview. MoinMoin just isn't very intuitive, and I
would argue that MediaWiki isn't all that better.

When I was at XPRIZE I evaluated a bunch of different wikis and WikiSpaces
came out on top. Now, it is not open source, which may be a blocker, but it
is a great service, externally hosted (so they absolutely have to have it
be responsive), affordable, and provides a really great and simple user
experience.

Just my $0.02c.

On 16 February 2016 at 11:35, Elizabeth K. Joseph <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
> > My concern is migrating content would need to be done manually and be
> very
> > time consuming.
> >
> > There are no tools to automated importing from moinmoin to mediawiki as
> far
> > as I know.
>
> This has pretty much been our excuse for not doing this prior to now :)
>
> I think it's time for us to move beyond this and find a real solution.
> The situation with our wiki has become untenable.
>
> --
> Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph || Lyz || pleia2

Jono Bacon
www.jonobacon.org : www.twitter.com/jonobacon :
www.linkedin.com/in/jonobacon