what colour is Orange exactly?

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 20 08:57:08 UTC 2016

Hello Jamie (and others),

On 20.04.2016 07:44, Jamie Young wrote:
> I work on the Client team and have been part of the change that's seen
> the hex colour for Ubuntu Orange change from DD4814 to E95420.
>
> We are in the process of writing a post (or maybe even series of posts)
> about the thinking behind the colour change.

thanks a lot for your work on this and thanks for taking the time to
write up the rationale and thinking.

> It will, I hope pre-answer
> a lot of the questions that have appeared above.

That said and I'm not trying to be difficult, but "pre-answer" in my
mind does not quite reflect reality. Over the past weeks the colour
change has been implemented in various places already without any sort
of announcement or explanation. In a community where we communicate a
lot and use the Ubuntu colours all the time, this sudden change left
many bewildered.

Again: I don't want to be difficult, but out of respect for the people
on this list, I think it'd be good to acknowledge the actual turn of
events. The subscribers of this list are all community leaders who I'm
sure are happy to pass on a possible good explanation to their
respective parts of the community.

Thanks again.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved with Snappy Ubuntu Core! developer.ubuntu.com/snappy/
Follow @ubuntudev on twitter.com/facebook.com/G+