what colour is Orange exactly?

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 19 16:18:19 UTC 2016

On 18/04/16 19:34, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Alan Bell:
>> Changes include the SVG pictograms that get in a lot of places,
>> including the logo itself
>
> So shall I upgrade the colours of the logos I made?
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts/Branding
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu%20Evangelists/Branding
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-community-team

great question, I have no idea, and that is the kind of thing where a
little more clarity could be provided. At the moment I don't think
anyone outside of Canonical really understands the intended scope of
this change (and possibly not so many within Canonical). It does appear
to be an official change rather than someone in the design team changing
it on a whim or an error in translation of a Pantone or something like
that. Beyond "probably not a mistake" I have no real idea what is going on.
I have to say I am a bit curious about the motivation for such a subtle
change - you are only ever going to notice it when things don't match,
there is no chance of any positive impact of the change! However the
motivation isn't massively important to communicate, it just needs a bit
more clarity over what else should change so not to mismatch quite so
frequently.

Alan.