Ubuntu Code of Conduct: omissions and suggestions

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:36:38 UTC 2016

Stephen M. Webb:
 > I would argue the second question is not even appropriate under the
 > Code of Conduct.

I mean that if you have been the target of this kind of issues lately,
in case it was not clear what I said.

I ask because if Matthew brought the Code of Conduct topic probably
people is seeing it as a recurring problem. It could even be linked to
the lack of contributions lately.

In fact someone contacted me two weeks ago and explicitly asked me to
stop contributing in some areas, as he requested other people to do so
in the past. The conversation turned too personal so fast, like asking
me if I know better than them or some bullshit like that.

The point is this happens to me from time to time, and I see it
constantly happening to others. So my guess is this is common, even when
most people seem to be kind anyway.

Mark Shuttleworth:
 > My sense is the origin of that issue is political correctness.

Probably social media is simply bad for self esteem, and this is a way
it expresses.

For many people Ubuntu is a social event rather than a technical one. So
they end feeling they have to put up with their reputation, as they do
in social media.

Moreover community managers are there encouraging that behaviour, that
people are doing good more by a social game rather than by real
contribution.

For me contributing to Ubuntu is like cleaning the room. Is that simple.