Ubuntu Code of Conduct: omissions and suggestions

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Thu Apr 7 13:34:38 UTC 2016

On 16-04-07 08:50 AM, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Matthew Paul Thomas:
>> It wouldn’t work if the first incident by itself is bad enough to
>> discourage or drive away contributors.
>
> That is true.
>
> Do you think this is something happening frequently? Does it happen to you?

This is the wrong question.  I would argue the second question is not even appropriate under the Code of Conduct.

The Code of Conduct exists because Ubuntu is not just for those with unchecked privileges.  Acceptable and unacceptable
conduct must be explicit and clear, and the processes and procedures for addressing violation need to be explicit and clear.

This is something that should probably be addressed publicly at the next UOS after a new draft of the CoC has been
prepared by the Communiy Council.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen at ubuntu.com>
https://launchpad.net/~bregma