Meetup.com offering for LoCo teams

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:16:05 UTC 2015

I do not think the platform is the issue I think there is a genuine decline
of interest in Ubuntu.

I think how community is engaged with and recognized needs to be evaluated.
If you want to increase participation then invest in recognition.

Also look at other metrics... Look at approved locos, members, mailing list
volumes, UDS participation. All of these metrics are down.

On Sep 30, 2015 8:07 AM, "David Planella" <david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After having discussed it with the Community and LoCo Councils, I would
like to present a proposal to offer meetup.com subscription to our Ubuntu
local communities:

>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeams/MeetupProposal
>
> As community and LoCo team members, at this point I'd like to ask you for
your input and thoughts on how to move forward with this proposal.