Proposed changes to the new LP team

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Sun Sep 13 21:57:18 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

Let's all just take a step back and take a deep breath.

Randall and Alberto had the best of intentions for bringing a LP team into
the fold as a resource. Consensus is certainly not always required in a
healthy community, but collaboration is. No one is an enemy here so let's
keep the discussion civil; we are all people who want the best for Ubuntu.

Speaking personally, we should absolutely keep the discussion where it
exists today. This mailing list provides a great place for thoughtful,
solutions-orientated discussion: we have the right people here and a great
culture.

Now, LP does provide some useful features. If code needs to be stored
somewhere, if we need bug tracking, if releases need to be made, having a
LP project be a home for that makes sense. This notion that "people
discover this community via LP" is, I think, a misnomer.

So, let's definitely keep the LP team around if those facilities may be
useful, but let's keep the discussion here. I also agree with Michael's
proposal and let's have the CC be the arbiters of the LP team.

What is important here is not tools, it is discussion, collaboration, and
action.

Thanks,

--
Jono Bacon