The new Launchpad team is ready

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 20:06:24 UTC 2015

Paul White:
 > Agreed but whether this can be fixed/improved is another matter.

No problem, if it isn't fixed we can just stay as it's now.

Paul White:
 > As I've said before the creation of open Launchpad groups can be
 > rather pointless. Anyone can join or leave and no-one knows or cares.

In the case of the Papercuts Ninjas team we solved this by asking users
automatically once a year if they still want to belong to the team, so
any team member listed there is because they have real interest.

Paul White:
 > The current mailing list is fine. I don't see a need for a change.

I still suspect than having representation in Launchpad is mandatory. In
fact that's the most basic recommendation on community management, to
bring the product to the place where the target audience is.

On the other hand if the current infrastructure is fine for you, we can
keep it as is and just use the Launchpad team for connecting the
resources and the people involved.

So please join <https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-community-team> and let
Launchpad users know that you are in the Community Team. That's all!