The new Launchpad team is ready

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 16:03:03 UTC 2015

Neal McBurnett:
 > We all want easy group collaboration, but it is evident from the
 > conversation that we don't yet have a platform that enables that as
 > much as we'd like.

For me, more important than having the ideal tool, is having all of them
put together in a way it's easy to navigate between them like a
continuum. So you can get things done straightforward.

That was my real aim by creating a team in Launchpad, to open a path
between the platform and the Community Team.

Paul White:
 > where I can manage all of my Ubuntu mailing lists after all.

This is an example of what I have just mentioned. It seems that setting
up the list in Launchpad breaks the continuum with this interface, and
vice-versa. So preference to use one of the other would be a matter of
from which background you come from.

Backtracking the problem, the real issue lies in lack of integration of
Launchpad with mailing lists in ubuntu.com. So what I'm going to do is
to suggest Launchpad developers to integrate those.

Meanwhile what I would do is to use the current list in the Launchpad
team, and connect it with the interface in ubuntu.com. Also to connect
the Community Team wiki with the Launchpad team, so everything is very
well tied up.

Will that be okay?