The new Launchpad team is ready

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 14:45:47 UTC 2015

Svetlana Belkin:
> The LP mailing-list interface for public view is not that pretty.

For example, what advantages you see in
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/> over
<https://lists.launchpad.net/papercuts-ninja/>?

What I see is that in ubuntu.com messages are more readable, with bigger
fonts and a minimal interface. While in launchpad.net you can spot
threads more easily, and it integrates better with the platform.

So it rather looks to me that it depends on if you want to have the team
on Launchpad or not. If I have suggested doing so it's because I think
Launchpad is where most people interested in Ubuntu are, so having an
arrow there pointing to the mailing list sounded interesting.

Svetlana Belkin:
 > To me, the LP teams show membership more than activity.

Rather it shows everything, in a single place.

Flocculant:
 > Can I assume that this community building at the behest of 2 people
 > is not going to result in defragmentation?

No, because we all are deciding on it. And if we all decide to change,
subscribing would be just a two clicks action.

Also keep in mind that these two people are professional community managers.

Flocculant:
 > Why would ANYONE use launchpad to communicate with anyone?

Apart from being where most people around Ubuntu hang, because you can
see which members the team has and with which work these members relate
with.