The new Launchpad team is ready

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 12:00:39 UTC 2015

José Antonio Rey:
> I personally believe that it's diverging resources, we already have an
> established position right here.

The idea was not to divert resources, but to change from one list to the
other.

On the other hand it seems that I didn't understood well what you meant
by saying that the Launchpad team isn't necessary. What you meant was it
is good not having to open an account in Launchpad for subscribing to
the mailing list, is it that?

Nevertheless it still looks to me that having that list in Launchpad
instead would be better. As it advertises the team where most potential
users are, and gives it consistency in brand and organization. Moreover
most people should have already a Launchpad account.

Do you think there's further advantage in using the current mailing list?

Benjamin Kerensa:
 > I think Randall should have got consensus before doing this as Nathan.

Sorry, I thought it was a more trivial decision. Anyway we can still
have the conversation now, and decide if we are using the team or not.

Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
 > I agree with all others I think this will become unused and every
 > launchpad team created does have a cost for Canonical

What cost do it has?

How unused do you thing the team I coordinate is?
<https://launchpad.net/~papercuts-ninja>

Do you think this team is as useful as those that close?