donation to flavours in 2012

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Tue May 26 18:13:52 UTC 2015

On 26 May 2015 at 10:05, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On the contrary I completely disagree, asking people to step down
> privately without any public discourse or pointing to specific
> statements to back up claims is completely contrary to the Ubuntu CoC
> and frankly not something the general Ubuntu community should find
> acceptable.

Not at all.

Rarely, if ever, are these kinds of situations handled publicly. We
are talking about the conduct and actions of an individual: this
requires a thoughtful consideration from a leadership body, not a call
for public comment. If it did involve a public comment piece, this
would turn into a popularity content, which is not fair and objective.

The CC is specifically empowered to ensure that there is effective
leadership in the community. Previously there have been issues with
various people and leadership groups, and these are always handled
privately.

In terms of the the evidence that led the CC to this decision, I am on
the fence. Some of this evidence is likely private, back-channel
stuff, and would not be appropriate to share. On the other hand, I do
believe in transparency.

The key question is: knowing the members of the CC, do you trust that
the CC handled this situation fairly? A lack of visible evidence is
does not mean the CC didn't act in good faith. A lack of confidence in
the CC members to act in good faith is a separate question.

Thanks,
--
Jono Bacon
www.jonobacon.org : www.twitter.com/jonobacon : www.linkedin.com/in/jonobacon