donation to flavours in 2012

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Tue May 26 16:36:46 UTC 2015

Thanks, Rohan.

I just read everything. I am delighted to see some evidence of
Jonathan's claims. Now to delve into it...

>From what I can tell, the CC went through an exhaustive process to
assess the situation. They provided a series of data points about
where they felt Jonathan is not acting within the spirit or acceptable
conventions of the community.

Jonathan's accusation has been one of malice towards him and the
project;. that he has been specifically targeted, primarily because he
challenges the norm. From what I can tell (and I am a casual observer
like anyone else), there is no malice here towards Jonathan. It
appears that the CC acted objectively, accurately, and in the
interests of the Ubuntu (and Kubuntu) communities.

I say this because it is clear that the CC is judging behavior here,
not the content of his opinions, and not specifically maligning
Jonathan. All of the reasons cited for his dismissal are based upon
behavior and conduct, and specifically *negative* behavior and
conduct...behavior and conduct I have seen.

I believe the very same considerations would be made by the CC towards
any other member of the community if they were acting in the same way,
and in fact I have seen cases where the CC has had to deal with
similar, if less extreme, situations.

Also, given the fact that this was handled privately, and the Kubuntu
Council was informed in due course, I feel the professionalism
required in a case such as this was there.

As such, I support the CCs decision.

Thanks,