Canonical’s IPRights Policy incompatible with Ubuntu licence policy

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Fri May 1 22:43:58 UTC 2015

On 01/05/15 23:04, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> [snip]
> I'm at a loss on how to proceed on this matter as the community
> council seems unconcerned at the problem and Canonical is happy to
> carry on perpetrating the myth.  [snip]
> Jonathan

You appear to be conflating 3 issues here, one whether the CC is
concerned, the other being whether we are able to do anything, the last
being that we are not willing to be/anyone's/ punchbag.

Yes - we have no answer - perhaps that is because we do not have one,
nor likely in the foreseeable future to get one. This ,might not suit
you - there is nothing we can do about that unfortunately.

--
Community and Forum Council's Member
Xubuntu QA Lead