Joint Statement from the CC and KC

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 26 15:28:09 UTC 2015

> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:35:37 +0100
> From: Laura Czajkowski <laura at lczajkowski.com
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=laura@lczajkowski.com>
> >

> process improvements have

been made that will make issues like this easier to solve in the future
> should they recur

I am so happy to hear that, for both the wonderful Kubuntu folks and our
community as a whole, this saga has come to a resolution all parties are
happy with. My hope is that these improvements have been documented so that
future installations of the community and the Community Council can make
use out of them.

Having this on the wiki would be ideal. However, I don't find *any*
guidelines like this on the CC's wiki [local site map][1] which comes as a
real surprise. I recognize that often times the concerns of the Councils
involve concerns that are best not made public, but this is usually in the
details. Guidelines can be written in a way that does not include such
details.

Not being a direct member of the Community Council (I'm involved in
delegations), I'm not sure if perhaps there are private resources
available. What I can say is that community leaders are no different than
developers: they need constant training. Making such resources as I'm
suggesting public would benefit not just the Community Council, but all the
delegations, and the rest of the world.

I'd offer to write everything myself, but I don't know the details of the
improvements. If someone cares to share the details, I'll be happy to put
something together.

Thanks again to everyone involved in this matter. Your patience and
understanding was crucial to solving this problem and is most appreciated.

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncil?action=LocalSiteMap

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA