Dialogue and moving forward

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jun 21 21:33:57 UTC 2015

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2015/05/29/community-council-statement-jonathan-riddell/
 >> Would you be able to have a look and see if that helps?
 >
 > I received an off-list email reply (thank you).  On the basis of
 > that I have now amended the displayed author to be the default
 > Fridge Editors/"Ubuntu News Team" one, and made a note/revision
 > summary at the bottom:

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2015/05/29/community-council-statement-jonathan-riddell/

 > Does this help?

It certainly clarifies the statement's origin.

I doubt many who read it will pause to appreciate just how generous the
statement was in limiting the scope of its supporting citations to just
a few, considering the many that might have been included.

Still, I agree it's better to err on the side of professionalism and
understatement in such matters.

Those who've never had a kind word to say about the Ubuntu community are
unlikely to do so in the future, so engaging beyond a certain point
would be unproductive and ultimately distracting from the work both the
Ubuntu and Kubuntu teams have at hand: building, supporting, and
evangelizing great Linux distros.

Anyone sincerely interested in seeing an end to having the Ubuntu
project's name dragged through the mud is free to lead by example.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems