Community Council - Doc team catchup - follow up

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Thu Feb 19 19:56:19 UTC 2015

Hi all,

>From the IRC meeting earlier today I (well one of us, which we since decided is me) had an action to send links to our team wiki
pages to this list.

Main base page, which leads to all others:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam

Actual "official docs" base page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation

I believe the getting started pages were of particular interest:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuDesktopGuide
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuServerGuide

For this line:
17:35 <wxl> GunnarHj dsmythies could one of you link me to the instructions on dealing with the manual formatting?

I do not think we have specific pages for mallard or docbook, but rather refer to their websites or learn by previous example.

Notes:

While there is always (plenty of) room for improvement, the state of all the doc team wiki pages was terrible a couple of years
ago.

Nicholas Skaggs did do a review of our team wiki pages a year ago.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2014-March/018749.html

There was discussion about training and such, and while not specifically asked for, here is a link to the session we did a year
ago:
(with all due thanks to Elizabeth K. Joseph, the main driver behind the event)
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2014/03/02/%23ubuntu-classroom.html

... Doug