Helping Ubuntu devices users

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Thu Feb 5 01:03:18 UTC 2015

On 02/02/2015 03:14 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> in a recent team call we thought that it might be a good idea to distil
> our knowledge as users of the phone into an app, to share tips/tricks
> and suggestions with users who are new to it.
>
> On Friday I put together a small prototype, and it's available over here:
> 	https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-devices-help
>
> You can edit the content in Markdown, and by running 'make html' (it
> uses hyde to generate the HTML) you can update the HTML bits of the app.
>
> We still have some bugs to fix and some general work to do, so no matter
> if you're an expert or novice, if you can write content or know your way
> around in the HTML5 world, your help is going to be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Have a great day,
>   Daniel

We definitely need content. Fortunately, I'm going to help you out and
get rid of the requirement of knowing bzr or markdown; or even launchpad!

We're using an etherpad for the initial content merge. The pad is setup,
http://pad.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHelpAppContent, and has been preseeded with
questions. Please go and add questions and answers to the pad. We need
your help in generating some common questions and answers that would be
helpful for new users to the phone. No syntax or coding required; just
write out questions and answer them! We'll do the dirty work of
assembling it all later.

Feel free to ping dholbach on IRC (or even me, balloons, if you'd like)
if you have any questions or need some help getting started.

Thanks everyone,

Nicholas