Supporting the UbuCon Summit

Sujeevan (svij) Vijayakumaran svij at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 21 07:17:39 UTC 2015

Hi Michael,

Am 18.12.2015 um 21:20 schrieb Michael Hall:
> We need your help spreading the word about this event, so that everybody
> who might want to attend knows about it.

I realised, that we don't have any mentioning of UbuCons on
community.ubuntu.com. Wouldn't it be good to have the dates of all
upcoming UbuCons on that starting page? Advertising on
developer.ubuntu.com might be also an good idea, because this would
attract developers to join an UbuCon.

For our German UbuCon we also have individual social media accounts on
Twitter/Google+/Facebook. To make advertise all the UbuCons on social
media I would suggest to have "global" UbuCon social media accounts. I'm
the owner of the @ubucon Twitter[1] account and "ubucon" Facebook
page[2] (~1000 likes) which could be transformed to global UbuCon
accounts. I would prefer to have those global accounts, because it's
easier to follow where which UbuCon takes place. What do you think?

Cheers,
Sujeevan

[1] https://twitter.com/ubucon
[2] https://www.facebook.com/Ubucon/