Lessons from Ubucon : Canonical needs its own live events... Or not

Ian Weisser ian-weisser at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 17 15:03:42 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-12-17 at 06:48 -0800, Joshua R. Poulson wrote:
> I made the case for my company to come to Ubucon, but there weren't
> enough of my customers there this time around. The more customers,
> the more likely the partners can justify coming. It's a critical mass
> thing.

With a predictable, published schedule of upcoming UbuCons going
forward, critical mass should come.

UbuCon event organizers can perhaps help for now by occasionally
publishing attendance forecast snapshots. "Our block of 150 hotel rooms
is half gone already", "On Tuesday we hit 200 attendees registered on
the website".