Community team weeks 49+50 update

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Fri Dec 11 17:31:14 UTC 2015

Stop the presses! As an addendum, this stuff also happened and is
noteworthy :-)

  *

    Quality

        Next version of Pilot testing will be highlighting new bluetooth
        stack. Will be ready in time for OTA-9.

  *

    Core Apps

        Music - work started on streaming support at the platform level
        - precursor to adding various streaming services to Music app

        Weather - meeting with new owners of Weather.com (one of our
        data providers) to hand over documentation and API keys for
        migration to new platform in place since IBM purchase

        Docviewer - a few minor fixes landing shortly, and some planning
        for the next release, and an early play with new features in
        LibreOffice 5.1

  *

    General community

        Google Code In

          +

            Great opening week

          +

            More than 200 active students working on tasks for the
            ubuntu community

          + Over 100 tasks already completed